Frequently Asked Questions
Why the workshop, “Journey into Discipleship?”
“Learning is when you suddenly understand something you’ve understood all of your life, but in a new way.”
· Imagine a workshop that presents a 21st century vision of discipleship. The format addresses and respects the idea of the busyness within our culture and we practice and put into action some tried and tested strategies of discipleship.
“You don’t understand anything until you learn it more than one way.”
Why this unique format?
“Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.”
· Gleaned from 50 years of presentations, I have selected some of the most creative and outrageous teaching methods that span the interests of teens thru senior citizens. Discipleship ideas come alive in each of the days interactive opportunities.
“He who laughs most, learns best.”
Why the timeframe?
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” Benjamin Franklin
· Research shows that most people who attend conference and do not apply what they learn in the first 24-48 hours forget what they learn. Our solution? Instant application – learning from one another all day long!
How will this happen?
“Go where there is no path and make one!”
· Everything about this workshop is reproducible for students of all ages. In “old school” teaching style there are no power point presentations, no videos, and no presentations longer than 7 minutes! Come prepared for some note taking, conversations with others, small group challenges and creative use of your cell phone and your bible. You will return home with some tools of discipleship to last a lifetime.
“Change is the end result of all true learning.”
Who is this facilitator, Mike Nygren?
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” Confucious
· Journey into Discipleship is a combination of some of the best trainings Mike Nygren has gleaned from his coaching experiences. Mentor training, with over 300 Wright Patterson Air force Base employees. / Discipling over 50 youth leaders from across America with the Joshua Team. / Youth ministry consultant with the West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church.
“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis