Author, Consultant and Coach - Present
- Author of the Ten Balloons
- Motivational speaking and coaching
- Director of: www.whenyoutakeapigacrossamerica.org
World Changers Movement / Co-founder and Executive Director (June 2012 – Present)
- Created World Changers (501-c) to educate, engage and empower young people in leadership and service-learning opportunities. Reached students from 14 states. International focus on student entrepreneurs.
Wendt Group – showpig.com / Organizational Consultant (June 2012- 2014)
- Developed and implement corporate processes during restructuring. Staff development.
Idea Factory / Founder and Executive Director (2005-2012)
- Created 13 community youth service programs serving over 700 students.
Kids Read Now / Director (2011-2012)
- Created and implemented Kids Read Now (501c) for One Call Now, Troy, Ohio. 10,000-book giveaway to elementary school students. Grew initiative from 6 to 50 schools involved.
School of Urban Studies / Executive Director (2003-2005)
- Networked 30 churches for community service opportunities.
- Motivational speaker, teacher, coach and trainer to over 15,000 students from 80 Miami Valley Schools.
- Joshua Team: Coached 48 youth leaders from 8 states
West Ohio Conference of the U.M. Church / Columbus, Ohio / Youth Ministry Consultant (2001-2003)
- Consultant to 200 churches. Over the Edge motivational youth ministry presentation in 125 churches and the Reality Series with over 2000 participants.
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base / Dayton, Ohio / Mentoring Coach (2000-2003)
- Designed and implemented a mentoring curriculum for the United States Air Force Mentoring initiative training 300 civilian and military mentors.
Ginghamsburg Church / Tipp City, Ohio / Director of Youth (1981-1997)
- Grew ministry from 30-500. Local missions 100+ days annually. 300 teens annually on mission trips. Adult leadership team of 75. Founded the Clubhouse and Dayton Work Project.
Mike The Painter (1969 - 1981)
- Self employed commercial and residential painting contractor.
Milton Union Schools, West Milton, Ohio (1971-1978)
- Industrial Arts teacher / Coach
Chestertown Schools, Chestertown Maryland (1969-71)
- Middle School Industrial Arts instructor
Speaking / Teaching / Organizational Awards
- Ichthus, 2004,2002,1999,1997,1995 Lyman Coleman Workshops. Youth Specialties presenter. D.C. Cook Workshop presenter. United Theological Seminary. Conference speaker: New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Alabama, Arizona, Texas.
- Thousand Points of Light Award from President George Bush, Clubhouse. The National Community Service Award from President Bill Clinton, Clubhouse.
- Author: Ten Balloons: Principles of Leadership, Life and Love / Real Thoughts of an Aging Youth Worker / Missions and Youth Ministry: The Necessary Love Affair.
- Eastern Kentucky University / Richmond, Kentucky / B.A. Industrial Education
- Coursework: Jerusalem School of Biblical Studies, University of Dayton, United Theological Seminary, and Asbury Seminary.